Seafolly China Office
A great position is now available in Production. We are hiring a Merchandiser to help us reach the best deal by building mutually profitable relationships with our suppliers. Make your career possible!
What is Production? It's the place where design ideas are transformed into actual products. We are in over 18 sourcing markets and are the direct point of contact for local suppliers. We work to ensure our products are of good quality and produced at the best price and in a sustainable way.
• Senior Merchandiser or Product Manager
• External: Suppliers
The Merchandiser is accountable to:
• Cooperate with the relevant teams to secure product development and manage price negotiation according to the price method in order to secure the best deal
• Manage order processing and monitor production to ensure smooth and timely supply of Merchandise
Product developments and quotations
• Analyze the developments and quotations, and make sure that all is clear. If not, go back to the
Buying Office and ask for clarifications
• Suggest alternatives and work proactively in order to ensure the best price, quality and lead time.
Work together with Product Developer (PD), Researcher and Developer (R&D) and Technicians
• Send the development and quotation to the best suitable suppliers according to the capacity strategy set by the Product Manager (PM) team
• Use price history lists, planned production units and capacity plan as tools when distributing
• Get back the quotation from the suppliers and analyze the price according to our price method, quality and lead time, and check the fitting and appeal of the garment
• Secure the right sample selection for the best product and send the best package to buyer team
• Give feedback to suppliers regarding prices, samples and possible requests for improvements
• Follow up deadlines for developments, quotations and samples as per the preorder method
• If an order is confirmed, check that all details are correct and correspond to what has been agreed
Order follow up
• Follow up the order by using WIP, use deadlines as a help to keep track of order status. Make sure that Time of Delivery (TOD) is on time
• Work actively with the samples together with relevant teams
• Keep the Senior Merchandiser updated of the general order situation
Cooperation with other teams
• In order to be able to take full responsibility for the order follow up it is a must to have close cooperation with the other teams such as R&D, Technicians, Quality Controllers, Requirements for Quality System (RQS) Responsible, Laboratory and Code of Conduct
• Strengthen cooperation with R&D team and Technicians in order to secure best garments for bulk production
• Conduct risk assessment together with R&D and Laboratory in the pre-order stage
• Share knowledge and problems with the rest of the teams to improve and learn from mistakes
Cooperation between Buying Office and Supply Chain
• Create good dialogue with buyers in the Buying Office
• Send clear and accurate information to the Buying Office at an early stage for clear understanding
Cooperation with Seafolly suppliers
• Maintain good knowledge of suppliers concerning price, quality, capacity and lead time
• Send clear and accurate information to Buying Office at an early stage for clear understanding
• Keep track of suppliers’ production plan to ensure on time delivery
• Keep close contact with the suppliers to know the status of orders at all times
Education and Experience requirements
• Graduate calibre, degree or diploma in relevant product type or language
• Experience in a sourcing or manufacturing company is preferred
Knowledge and Skill requirements
• Relevant product knowledge
• General knowledge of export trade and documentation requirements
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Good negotiation and communication skills
• Strong organizational skill
Tracy:(86)20-88529594 ext.601; 13824431882
Since 1975, Seafolly has been at the epicentre of Australian beach lifestyle and has quickly become one of the most recognised swimwear and beach lifestyle brands world-wide. Spanning the international market, Seafolly is currently stocked in major fashion department stores and swimwear boutiques around the world.
To share the spirit of Australian Summer with women everywhere
To be the worlds’ most iconic swimwear and beach lifestyle brand by 2020
We are super passionate.
We are positive.
Freedom to shine.
We are supportive.
Quality is everything.